A savings account marks the beginning of your financial independence. In the current evolving technological landscape, one can open online savings account without stepping foot outside or visiting a physical bank branch.
RBL Bank, formerly known as Ratnakar Bank, offers the option of opening a digital savings account to save and grow money with an effective interest rate from the comfort of your home. Easy to open and convenient to operate anytime, anywhere in the world, RBL Bank’s digital savings account offers an exhaustive range of services and benefits to its users.
Read on to know about the features and application process for opening an online savings account in RBL Bank.
Features of RBL Digital Savings Account
- Opening an online savings account online is a fully contactless and paperless process facilitated by RBL Bank for all.
- 24*7 banking would be available for all RBL account holders to check account statements and transaction history from anywhere in the world through the ‘RBL MoBank 2.0’ banking mobile app.
- RBL customers get higher interest rates on all digital savings to account holders to grow their money. The account holders can quickly transfer funds using IMPS, NEFT, and RTGS options without any additional cost.
- A virtual debit card shall be issued upon opening an online account to be used for online shopping, recharges, paying bills, etc. Additionally, the customers are also provided with a cash withdrawal facility from any ATM across the country.
- RBL Bank also allows easy money transfer for fixed deposits (FD) and mutual funds to maximize your savings. You can also book RD online through your digital savings account.
- Customer support service is readily available to resolve the queries of all RBL digital savings account holders.
- RBL digital savings accounts are equipped with a two-step authentication process to keep your hard-earned money secure at all times.
Requirements for opening a savings account online:
To open digital savings account with RBL Bank, you need to possess proof of identity, age, and address such as:
- Pan card
- Aadhaar card
- Valid mobile number
- Valid email ID
Steps for opening RBL Bank digital savings account:
- Open the bank’s official website and navigate to the online savings account tab.
- Upon entering the mobile number and email ID, the system will ask the user to enter their Aadhaar number along with the Pan Number.
- Subsequently, they receive a One-time Password (OTP) on the mobile number linked with their provided Aadhaar number.
- The user has to select an account variant applicable suitable for them.
- In the next step, the user will be required to fill in the personal details such as name, age, address, etc., for completing the application process.
- Finally, the digital savings account is now open for use.
- Next, the user will receive the Account Customer ID on the registered email and mobile number instantly.
- Subsequently, you can log on to Internet banking or download a mobile banking app and use a host of services such as transferring funds, making bill payments, creating fixed or recurring deposits, etc., through the digital savings account.