Mumbai, formerly called Bombay, is huge. It is the largest city in India and the capital of the state of Maharashtra. No other metropolis in the country is so diverse, extreme and also so contrasting. The largest banks, the most important financial service providers, the leading companies have their headquarters in Bombay – and India, for its part, has grown into a powerful international economy in recent years. The atmosphere in the city is great, what does the world cost? The economic heart is still beating as usual in southern Bombay, where the seven islands that originally made up the city twist into a thin index finger. It is easy to hire Mumbai Escorts. The financial world gathers around the fort, back to back with it lies the Nariman business district, which opens up to the Arabian Sea.
Already knew about Mumbai?
- Mumbai is the largest twin city and the sixth largest metropolitan region in the world. More than 15 million people live in the city; the metropolitan region has more than 29 million people.
- The Indian metropolis is a city of contrasts: Mumbai has the most expensive house in the world, and one of the largest slums in the world is also in the city. At least as many people live in the poor district of Dharavi.
- Mumbai, formerly called Bombay, is the production site of the Hindi film industry, also known as Bollywood. Incidentally, Bollywood films tend to last longer than three hours – important for popcorn planning.
- India‘s first train ran between Mumbai and Thane, a good 20 kilometers away.
- A whopping thirty-four percent of Indian income tax is generated in Bombay. More than ninety percent of the Indian stock market runs on the National Stock Exchange and the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Bombay is a city of commuters. Six million people from the suburbs take the train to work every day. The trains run every 45 seconds. Their normal capacity is 1500 people, in rush hour there are up to 5000 passengers per trip
Viewed by day, designer clothing has disappeared from the cityscape. No more strapless tops, no more miniskirts, no more see-through men’s shirts. Instead, brightly colored saris and classic suits for women, and shirts and t-shirts for men are locally can be seen. You can hire Juhu Escorts for fun and enjoyment
The Taj Hotel
A good part of the million-strong crowd flows into the neo-Gothic heritage area, which is bordered by the Victoria Terminus in the north and the Taj Mahal Hotel in the south. Ironically, this landmark of colonial Bombay was not built by the English at all but by Mr. Tata, who was annoyed that, as an Indian, he was not allowed to enter British hotels. He then built a hotel that overshadowed everything else in pomp and which is now considered the Grand Dame of Bombay.
The Oberoi Hotel
The Oberoi is to Nariman what the Taj is to the Heritage Area. It was opened in 1986 as one of the first atrium hotels in the country and is still the first business hotel on the square. Like Nariman itself, the Oberoi has less of an old charm than its fantastic location