Dental veneers are ideal for all those who want to improve their aesthetic image . Especially for those patients who want to change the color, shape and position of the teeth.
If you are thinking of placing veneers you should know that not all people are suitable for this type of treatment . In this article we give you general indications so that you discover if you are one of the ideal candidates, but it is important that you bear in mind that in all cases it is a professional who must examine your case.
What problems does a dental veneer treatment solve?
The first thing to keep in mind is that veneers cannot solve all cosmetic problems . In some cases, other types of treatments are recommended, such as whitening or orthodontics . Among the problems that veneers solve we find:
Problems that veneers solve
- Severely stained teeth , where whitening treatments are not effective with extremely dark stains.
- Minor imperfections in the structure of the teeth , since the veneers manage to hide chips, cracks, and teeth with small fractures.
- Coexisting cosmetic problems such as slightly crooked teeth, a chipped tooth or multiple stained teeth, all three problems can be fixed with a single dental veneer treatment.
What does it take to be eligible for a dental veneer treatment?
Even if you have one of the problems mentioned above that can be solved with a veneer treatment, other factors must be taken into account that will make us or not suitable for this type of solution .
Who can undergo this treatment?
- Patients who have enough tooth enamel . If there is not enough enamel, the veneer will not have a strong enough bonding surface.
- People with good oral health in general . Before undergoing any cosmetic dentistry procedure, it is important to have healthy teeth and gums.
- Good dental hygiene is essential . This is because veneers are placed on the surface of natural teeth, it is vital to keep them healthy through regular brushing, flossing, and regular visits to the dentist.